Vmyths archives its Twitter feed for historical clarity. If it went out via our “vmyths” account, you’ll find it here — along with any needed explanations, clarifications, corrections, and apologies. Co-founder Rob Rosenberger submitted all the tweets this month.
- 1 January 2011
- RT @PCVirusNews Janet Napolitano Nude Computer Virus Hits Internet – Spooftimes.com (satire): http://bit.ly/esCJ6f
- So, Outlook’s “out of office” feature is now a life-saving critical computing application? http://politi.co/fswCzt
- RT @seanlawson JASON: Science of Cyber Security Needs More Work http://bit.ly/gTZ3G5 – like defining key terms & analogies other than nuke war! #toldyouso
- @attritionorg Q: why don’t security charlatans plagiarize you, me, Forno, Smith, et al? A: we write analyses, not how-tos.
- @mubix …Because computer security means nothing to Joe SixPack, that’s why http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2004/12/19
In reply to @mubix tweet “How about instead of security people talking to ourselves we speak at non-security cons?[Ad here] Indiana Linux Fest: http://bit.ly/ekGq5a“
- @flyosity gov zone file was (is?) #classified CONFIDENTIAL. Can’t reside on foreign servers http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2002/9/27
In reply to @flyosity tweet “You can take down the entire .gov TLD if you can hack into a single GoDaddy account. cl.ly/3roU“
- WAR DRUMS: critics focusing on rampant plagiarism by computer security media darling Ankit Fadia http://bit.ly/gm5DfV
- POSSIBLE IRONY? RT @briankrebs: Murdered Army vet worried America wasn’t prepared for cyberwar http://bit.ly/gtCN09
- RT @attritionorg RT @crabbyolbastard: The Curious Case of Kellep Charles: A Ligatt Propaganda Story http://tinyurl.com/2d3bkwe #LIGATT
- RT @PCVirusNews New Report Downplays Computer Virus Damage – Sky News: http://bit.ly/i74kQ0
- Cyber experts stopped speculating on #Wheeler’s murder(?) AFTER they saw videos of him disoriented & confused in his final days.
- RT @attritionorg Gregory D. Evans, Cyber Bullying Expert – http://attrition.org/errata/charlatan/gregory_evans/ligatt21/ #LIGATT
- @attritionorg I nominate Kevin G. Coleman and his temporary Ph.D http://SecurityCritics.org/tag/kevin-coleman
In reply to @attritionorg tweet “Going through mail, the number of people submitted for possible charlatan status is pretty crazy.”
- @WeldPond Certainly. America just needs to ignore facts and trumpet hype in their volunteer cyber army recruiting ads.
In reply to @WeldPond tweet “Estonia institutes volunteer cyber army and considers a cyberdraft. Could US do the same someday? http://bit.ly/e9sEPs“
- CHARLATAN: Twitter suspends the account of computer security quack @GregoryDEvans http://bit.ly/elsZjX #LIGATT
- @cyberwar Your tweets confuse me. How does the shooting of USrep #Giffords relate to surviving a #cyberwar?
- RT @cyberwar @vmyths Or myths for that matter.
- RT @danielkennedy74 RT @alexsotirov: You Should Work for Symantec: http://youtu.be/pzcLTPy8yDQ <- Funny, depressing, but funny…
- No joke: I bought a cyber-gun to defend myself from cyber-terrorism http://www.cybergun.com/en/home/
- @robtlee Bonus: we can identify & prosecute zombie grandmas who empower evil botnets http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2001/9/29
In reply to @robtlee tweet “Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20027837-501465.html“
- @attritionorg Did Steve Gibson move Down Under & change his name to Bill Hely? http://ComputerAndOnlineSecurity.com
- RT @jack_daniel The nominees for “Security Blog that best represents the industry” are all good, but I’m not sure they *accurately* represent the industry.
- HYPE: #Ligatt CEO channels John McAfee: “every time you mention my name…it increases my Google ranking” http://bit.ly/fXVIJm
- RT @attritionorg RT @dragosr: Fox is doing a _comedy_ show about pen testing called Breaking In. http://goo.gl/ZpLDp Uh… words fail me.
- @57IAS this http://bit.ly/h8RkvK helps explain this
- Costin Raiu thinks he may be next… RT @ryanaraine: the strange disappearance of dancho danchev http://zd.net/i5QQHT
- HYPE: Defense Systems magazine anticipates a “cyber war” in 2011 http://bit.ly/etdAnl
- RT @cyberwar Still some suspension of disbelief required to accept NYT analysis of Stuxnet: http://ur1.ca/2v38u Getting closer though!
- No “IPcalypse” for Joe SixPack http://bit.ly/hpPyCA Your home router won’t die, go extinct, or come to an end. Don’t fret.
- 20th anniversary of the Gulf War…who can forget Iraq’s “printer virus” hoax? http://Vmyths.com/2010/11/28/wwii
- RT @attritionorg RT @textfiles: A shame the interesting article about the Stuxnet worm has the Markoff stink about it.
- RT @jeffreycarr The New York Times Fails To Deliver Stuxnet’s Creators – Jeffrey Carr – Digital Dao – Forbes http://taia.co/ezFMo4
- RT @sansforensics Cyberwar? What Cyberwar? – Cyberwar hype is inhibiting government attempts to develop an appropriate response to cy… http://bit.ly/gwzz4u
- RT @DavidHarleyBlog: @vmyths I’m reminded every time I read “the truth” about the origins and targeting of stuxnet…
In reply to yesterday’s “20th anniversary” tweet.
- RT @BleuZ00m @bunduboots Yes, been following some of #stux. For keen SW virus insight AND mighty #snark about it, you should #FF an ally, @Vmyths Hi Rob!
- Computer security experts now IGNORE John #Wheeler murder(?) — and it’s turning comical http://bit.ly/epbynT
- 7yrs ago, the Pentagon “reaffirmed” its “strong commitment to eliminate leaks” http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2005/1/23
- Stuxnet is “the most complex malware ever discovered”? We’ve heard it all before: http://Vmyths.com/column/1/1999/1/21
- Far less scrying than I expected from computer security experts this year. I thought #Stuxnet would serve as their crystal ball.
- Why do experts still treat PC #malware as a #phenomenon after a quarter-century? http://bit.ly/gvC00V
- What will children see in a “cyber” museum 100 years from now? http://SecurityCritics.org/2008/11/14/museum
- RT @danielkennedy74 “We use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamppost – for support, not illumination.” -Don’t remember
- @taosecurity Invalid. A weapon can’t “meet [your] needs” if you don’t comprehend its effects. #Stuxnet tested someone’s hypothesis.
In reply to @taosecurity tweet “@danielkennedy74 My view: Stuxnet is a weapon devised by a peer country who decided a digital (vice physical) attack would meet its needs.”
- RT @seanlawson Just finished reading JASON report on science of #cybersecurity. Good stuff. And do I detect a subtle critique of neoliberal science? I do.
- RT @seanlawson JASON is citing historian Peter Gallison 2 emphasize the importance of language, naming, definition 2 science of #cybersecurity. Told U so!
- CHARLATAN? @JosephKBlack smokes #weed, gets #drunk, threatens #Wikileaks readers…and he wants Howard Schmidt’s job @ White House.
- RT @danielkennedy74 RT @LaNMaSteR53: This is ACTUALLY posted at DC3 Cyber Crime. Hilarious. http://twitpic.com/3s2w4v <- Bwahaha #ligatt
- “No such thing as a Twitter revolution” says US State wonk who asked Twitter to help #Iran protesters http://j.mp/hqr3GD
- RT @JosephKBlack Joe Black smokes weed, gets drunk, threatens Wikileaks viewers, AND I will be taking the job of National Cybersecurity Advisor. Just watch.
In reply to the 21 January “Charlatan?” tweet.
- @mikkohypponen Their virus spawned a mult-billion$ antivirus industry. How much did they make off their virus?
In reply to @mikkohypponen tweet “What would you ask from the creators of the very first PC virus? http://bit.ly/e1yJA8 -Reply your suggestions to me or leave a blog comment!”
- @mikkohypponen Oh, and please add a “BWA HA HA HA!” when you ask them my question. Thanks.
- Hackers destroyed Egypt’s Internet access! This is BIG, folksl! Oh wait, Egypt’s gov’t did that. Never mind, it’s no big deal…
- John #Wheeler family offers $25K to solve a “computer security expert” crime. AV vendors don’t offer crime-tip bounties.
- RT @seanlawson My latest on Forbes.com “The #Cyberwar Debate: Enough With The Straw Men And Scaremongers” http://bit.ly/frQVvr #cyber #cybersecurity
[Continued in February 2011 tweets]