Vmyths archives its Twitter feed for historical clarity. If it went out via our “vmyths” account, you’ll find it here — along with any needed explanations, clarifications, corrections, and apologies. Co-founder Rob Rosenberger submitted all the tweets this month.
- 2 August 2010
- Hysteria! Washington Post op-ed calls for USCYBERCOM warriors to “eliminat[e] Wikileaks” http://bit.ly/bsJeCW
- @wikileaks History book, 2110: “USCYBERCOM’s first military operation destroyed a website that spilled the blood of U.S. soldiers…”
- McAfee, Symantec among those tor’ing 171M Facebook users’ data http://bit.ly/9lKHzV (ok, I’ll ask: “why?”)
- “How did you acquire so much Facebook user data?” I tor’d it from McAfee & Symantec, they’ve got huge pipes
- Which is worse: Pvt Manning -> Wikileaks? Or a DoD-wide gradual erosion of COMPUSEC discipline? http://bit.ly/9ZGxXV
- @BleuZ00m Project Vigilant reminds me of FutureVision Group http://Vmyths.com/column/1/1998/6/28
- @attritionorg Thx for your tweet kudos. I’m emerging from my grief … and not a moment too soon, I see. (sigh)
- Folks, I’ve never seen anyone of THIS caliber in my 22yrs of fighting hype http://bit.ly/djWx2C
- Compare MS “record setting” Patch Tuesday … to the nmbr of security patches your antivirus needed this year already.
- McAfee warns #LIGATT website has a “high risk” reputation http://bit.ly/9k2qSX
- @cjhc and don’t forget to multiply by the frustration factor! :-)
- Axiom: “Controversial security firms attract PR agents who flunked high school English composition.” #LIGATT
- #LIGATT founder trashes new unauthorized bio on him. “The book’s author plagiarized it all from Attrition.org!” :-)
- RT @Greg_Snave How can you tell when #LIGATT is plagiarizing? No grammar/spelling errors. If LIGATT can’t spell check, how can they do security?
- @Greg_Snave I was only joking at the irony: see :-) at end of tweet. Plz accept my apologies if you thought it was real.
In response to a user who missed the joke in the last tweet posted the day before. We added a new (unwritten) policy to include “#spoof” or some other clarifier when making fun of computer security absurdities.
- @cryptorobert If Evans’ #Ligatt business card boasts fake cert(s), plz scan it in so we can see the evidence.
In response to a user who discovered a calling card from Gregory D. Evans.
- Rap News: “I’m assuming every human is a cyber-terrorist” http://bit.ly/9d60V3 (via @wikileaks)
- Will no one rally to defend #LIGATT (besides sock puppets, I mean)?
- Israel! Don’t fly bombers over Iran’s nuke site – use a “logic bomb,” it’s the same thing! http://bit.ly/dbHmxj
- Unintentially #funny: Air Force Cyber Command linked to ADHD adhdrollercoaster.org/the-basics/adh…
- @SecurityHumor US Cyber Command declares INFOCON CHARLIE over potential Israeli “cyber strike” at #Iran nuke plant
- News: Intel to buy McAfee. Do they secretly want to arm America’s enemies, too? http://Vmyths.com/china-syndrome
- RT @woodyleonhard Intel buying McAfee – the rest of the story. McAfee has a very sordid past, in its dealings with the Chinese. http://bit.ly/dpVlXY
- “World’s #1 hacker” Gregory D. Evans, FBI snitch http://bit.ly/dbQ01z (thx @attritionorg) #LIGATT
- @marksunner deleted tweet: “very hungover,” needs “full star trek uniform” & “milk shake” http://Vmyths.com/2009/04/27/stovepipe
- Fans of Eminem & Neil Peart waited years for their return. My fans, too: http://bit.ly/aZ2gR5 also @attritionorg | 20100901
- @marksunner Well, that’s embarrassing for me. Now I know why you don’t show up for staff meetings. :-) Bottoms up!
After the antivirus CTO explained he no longer worked for Messagelabs.
- #spoof #USAF detects Chinese spyware in cockpit computers; grounds all aircraft for #McAfee updates http://bit.ly/bxwKQs
- Seriously: why didn’t the #USAF CIO issue this press release? Think about it http://bit.ly/d9guqN
- RT @SecurityHumor *Real news* would be fake AV install leading to dead celeb. RT @GarWarner: Dead Celebrity spam leads to fake AV install.
- Hysteria: “One infected USB thumb drive led to the creation of U.S. Cyber Command” http://bit.ly/aiyTK1
- Infected classified networks is a “wake-up call” in 2008? Bah! Melissa virus did EXACTLY the same in 1999.
- I agree: “Insiders Doubt 2008 Pentagon Hack Was Foreign Spy Attack” http://bit.ly/dlVWCi
- News rpts say Buckshot Yankee took 14 months to clean “agent.btz”. Why so long? I think because it was a CLASSIFIED operation!
- Good grief! Now U.S. deputy secretary William J. Lynne III is the world’s #1 hacker? #LIGATT
- I dropped an atom bomb on the “buckshot yankee” hype & media circus http://Vmyths.com/2010/08/26/oby
The U.S. military awarded a medal to then-MSgt Rob Rosenberger for running this website.
- Before Buckshot Yankee, I carried a USB sidearm in a concealed holster http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2003/12/17
- oops! Did #DEPSECDEF Lynn #plagiarize his predecessor’s “call to arms” in 1999? http://bit.ly/d1AdDY
- @trusecure Yeah, and the Pentagon will hit the snooze button like they did in 1999 http://bit.ly/d1AdDY
- RT @marylande Fact check: malware did not bring down a passenger jet http://is.gd/eD7Xh
- Gregory D. Evans carries the American Hype Press Card http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pJWv6S0Q7Y #LIGATT
- I’m qualified to be an “embedded reporter” in U.S. Cyber Command http://Vmyths.com/column/1/2003/12/20
- #spoof McAfee will now only use short URLs to reduce their carbon footprint http://Vmyths.com/2009/04/17/mcafee
- @gcluley Now 1 tweet per FB scam isn’t enough? How many times did you repeat your FB status update over this scam?
- self-RT @gcluley Now 1 tweet per FB scam isn’t enough? How many times did you repeat your FB status update over this scam?
- @mikkohypponen No no NO! Ask yourself: “how does NSA filter spam from its intercepts?” We could use that technology.
- @PCVirusNews You chirped 5 tweets with a link to Darlene Storm’s FUD column. How many tweets is enough?
- @gcluley I wrote about you! http://Vmyths.com/2010/08/30/twitter-3 [oops: this tweet violates my “twitter-2” column]
- self-RT: @gcluley I wrote about you! http://Vmyths.com/2010/08/30/twitter-3
[Continued in September 2010 tweets]