Vmyths archives its Twitter feed for historical clarity. If it went out via our “vmyths” account, you’ll find it here — along with any needed explanations, clarifications, corrections, and apologies.
- 13 May 2009
- Media hoopla over Chinese “Kylin cyberwar OS” relies on Kevin G. Coleman — a BIZARRE hypemeister who recently bubbled to the surface
- McAfee yanks one expert’s blog entry … yet retains a hysterical blog from an expert who got DUPED by a “blair witch” hacker video
- Obama (!) today spouted the URBAN LEGEND that “cyber attacks have plunged entire cities into darkness.” What cities, and when?
- Reporters — Obama’s “cities blacked out” urban legend is now DEBUNKED at http://Vmyths.com
- GlobalSecurity.org and Vmyths.com both slam Obama’s “$1 trillion” guesstimate
- Obama’s “$1 trillion” guesstimate came from a McAfee press release — why couldn’t he get an economic estimate from the Commerce Dept?
- Obama’s “plunged into darkness” quote came from a SANS newsletter that cited a CIA analyst — why diddn’t Obama cite CIA analyst directly?
- Last year, Vmyths slammed the CIA analyst behind Obama’s “plunged into darkness” quote http://vmyths.com/column/1/2008/1/20
- Obama’s “plunged into darkness” quote — this is how urban legends go viral, you know…
[Continued in June 2009 tweets]